Monday, March 17, 2014

Rug Cleaning Solution

Well I was shampooing my rug and ran out of the darn cleaning solution and wasn't finished. So I decided to give this a try and guess what? It worked better than the store bought! I mixed about 1/2 cup of 20 Mule Team Borax with the water in the shampooer and away I went!
Took out a spot that the store bought didn't take out. Another bonus is that 20 Mule Team Borax deodorized the rug as well!
Guess I will be striking off rug cleaner off my shopping list from now on! It was also great mixed in my cleaning bucket for cleaning the baseboards and the walls. I had tried an all purpose commercial cleaner which didn't do a very good job and thought I would have to re-paint the walls but no! Sometimes you need to take a step back to basics. Just a note here going back to the homemade laundry soap, many people have said that their front loading washing machine tends to stink after a while and need to use that store bought cleaner. Now that is funny. Have to wash your washing machine? Gee, that doesn't sound right does it? I have never had a problem and it dawned on me that I make my own laundry soap and the answer was right in front of me. The Borax neutralizes odors! Duh! Well I hope this helps someone out there. Have a great day!
 
Enjoy!
Stephanie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment