Friday, March 21, 2014

Chicken Salad Tacos

I had roasted a chicken the night before so I had some left over. After picking all the meat off and chopping, I made a simple chicken salad with chopped onion, celery, parsley, salt, pepper, turmeric and mayo.
Unfortunately I didn't have any bread or rolls. Hmmm, scratched my head and noticed I had some corn tortillas sitting there which I use to make chips with. Well they are the wrong kind for making wraps. Flour tortillas are great for that (cheaper than the fancy wraps that they sell in the store). *Ding* I got a great idea! Chicken tacos! Corn tortillas are relatively inexpensive and handy.
I make my own hard shells all the time. Also, make chips or use to make Jack in the Box type tacos. I am getting off the track here so anyway...I like the flat bottom taco shells since they don't fall over. They are easy to make! I place them thru three lines of the rack in my toaster oven.
You can also use a regular oven. If you only put them over two they will curl to the point you will not be able to get them off. Don't worry how they are spread out, they will drop. 350 degrees for about 10 minutes should do it till they turn slightly brown on the edges. I slide under a butter knife under to lift them off.
Easy huh? Next is the fun part. Add a couple tablespoons of your chicken salad, lettuce, grated cheese (I used Colby Jack but use what you have), chopped or sliced tomatoes ( I had grape tomatoes handy)


There you have it! Chicken Salad Tacos! Believe me, they will come for seconds! I would imagine you can use tuna salad or egg salad or even shrimp salad as well. So you see, when there is a will there is a way! Quick and easy to make. I hope you enjoy them.
 
Enjoy!
Stephanie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment