Saturday, February 8, 2014

My Library Demonstration Synopisis

Well, last Wednesday I did a demo at the local library. We covered homemade laundry soap, dishwasher detergent, Canadian bacon, corn chips and mango salsa with a twist.  The weather that day prevented many from coming even though the roads were clear as a bell. We even got a surprise addition of my older son and a friend of his! And him being a vegan! He always loved my salsa! (He doesn't live at home anymore.) The +Cecil County Public Library  graciously hosted the event and they were wonderful!
 
So I re-iterate, we are so convenientized to what you buy in the store! I demonstrated in about an hour how to make many things that can save you money. I made over four things. Come on now. Get with the program. Everyone says they don't have time but if you expand your time to include some prep work as you are doing your usual regime then you can save yourself tons of money and bring your family back to what things are suppose to be like! Not what the manufacturers say they are now.
 
Like what I said last Wednesday at the library, they probably substituted real sugar for corn syrup which isn't a bad thing in itself but the tastes are different. Like I have said about Bread and Butter pickles! Never like them till I made my own! Enough Said!
 
We have slowly been conditioned to accept what the foods we take for granted are what they should taste like. Not so! As in the words of Simon and Garfunkel....slow down, you move too fast........There is truth to be told about slowing down and smelling the roses so to speak!
 
Anyway, I so want to thank the library for allowing me to have the demo and for all the peeps (people) that came. I hope you will keep up with all what the library has to offer. What a wealth of information that is mostly un-tapped by most of us!
 
Enjoy!
 
Steph
 

No comments:

Post a Comment