Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sausage and Baby Bellas with Pasta

Keeping with using what you have I made a quick dinner. I didn't want to spend a lot of time so I took out some of my homemade sausage which I froze on a cookie sheet then placed in a freezer bag so I could take out what I wanted without having to package them up in separate packets. I had also bought a big package of Baby Bellas which are little portabella mushrooms. Yummy. I didn't have any peppers or else this would have been a sausage scaloppini so I used what I had.
 
1/2 small onion chopped
6-7 mushrooms
1 pound of sausage (any kind will do)
1 large can of crushed tomatoes (I use Tuttorosso crushed with basil green label)
2 large cloves garlic or more to taste chopped
parsley
basil
black pepper
olive oil
grated cheese
Pasta of choice 1/2 pound
Aren't they lovely? Add  a little olive oil to fry pan and fry up your sausage. When just about finished add chopped garlic and onion and fry till slightly brown. Transfer to a pot, add tomatoes.
Shake in some basil, parsley and pepper. Simmer for about 15 min. Get your mushrooms ready. Wipe the mushrooms down with a dry cloth. Do not rinse them. It adds water to them. Slice them up and add to the pot.
 
Add about 1/2 handful of grated cheese. I used my own that I made.
Anyone want to know how to make this cheese? It's a great substitute to buying it in the store. Anyway, simmer for an additional 15 minutes. Meanwhile cook up your pasta (I used Penne) till al dente and drain. Mix the sausage mixture with the pasta and there you have it! Dish it up and add a little more cheese on top. If you use this type of pasta instead of spaghetti it doesn't soak up a lot of the sauce. But the choice is yours.
Simple enough! Add a salad and maybe some garlic bread and you have yourself a quick meal! Makes enough for 4.

Enjoy!

Steph
www.webdees.com
www.etsy.com/shop/deesshoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment