Sunday, December 22, 2013

Roasted Pepper on Sourdough bread with cheese

A little history is in order. Roasted peppers! OMG. My dad used to come home with all these red peppers and rain or shine mostly rain...I remember and he would roast them peppers on those old round shallow grills in the garage till they were all done. Smoke all over the place and then as they were done drop them into a paper bag. I have always done the paper bag thing till it dawned on me why ....the paper bag drew off the oil and stuff from the roasted peppers! Once the peppers were cool you peel off the skin and drop them into mason jars with some olive oil, chopped garlic, a bit of salt and fresh parsley.

 
You will never taste anything as special as home roasted peppers. I have had jarred and home done and believe me there is no contest!
 
Coupled with sourdough bread from the previous posts and some home made cheese, I used my rosemary cheese..(future post)...you can have the most heavenly appetizers you ever had. Just pile your slice bread with peppers and cheese and toast for about 15 min.
 
This is what we had tonight. Like I have said before, I have posted what I have made. The couple of days before I really haven't made anything other than repeats of what I have posted before. As in tonight the main dish is fall off the bone ribs. Since I didn't think you wanted repeats I haven't posted ever day when I made the same thing. I do hope you will keep posted and as I make things I will post them accordingly.

If you have any questions or comments please leave them below...I would love to hear from you!
 
Enjoy!
 
Steph
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment